writer and associate producer
When I mention my trip to Croatia, the reaction I usually get is, “Why did you choose to go there?!” Clearly, the civil war that plagued the area in the early 90s is still fresh in everyone’s mind. It’s a great example of how authentic experiences can change perceptions, exceed expectations and uncover the truth.
Croatia is an amazing country with wonderful people and the time I spent travelling along the coast from Dubrovnik to Split was a truly life-changing experience. Like a good producer, I made a check list to insure my friends and I embraced every second of our time in the land where pine trees meet the sea.
Croatia To-Do List:
- Indulge in a luxurious Croatian meal – fish, Croatian lobster, black squid risotto
- Drink Rakija – a popular Croatian liqueur
- Eat famous Pag island cheese
- Complete a mini triathlon – bike, swim, hike
- Learn how to say cheers in Croatian – Živjeli!
- Watch the sunrise
- Listen to local music